What to do if you find mold in your Summerlin Home?
What to do when you find Moldy Growth in Your Home in Summerlin and Sun City, Nevada
One of the major side-effects of water damage when it is not addressed correctly in Las Vegas is the possibility that this damage and residual moisture will cause dangerous microbes to grow to a level in a home or business in which the inhabitants of the home or business health is affected, or that the structure in these affected places are damaged also. Because thee growths can feed on the many parts of the structure that are organic, an almost endless food source is in place to feed not only the harmful toxic microbes, but all fungus, smelly odor and mildews in general.
The growth of this type of microbial growth occur so exponentially in homes and other buildings in Vegas because the right amount of moisture, and the aforementioned food source is all that is necessary to provide the conditions in which this problem can proliferate. If this moisture source is large enough, then along with this endless food source, the toxic growth can make a home or building Las Vegas unlivable in a mater of days. Even though this is an extreme situation, it does occur, but because both dangerous and non dangerous microbial growths that are not toxic always exist on most surfaces in most places in the world, it only requires the correct conditions to make this growth began to multiply exponentially.
Additionally, the proliferation of these dangerous microbes can exacerbate existing medical conditions and even create certain breathing maladies like asthma. If people are allergic, or the mold has proliferated beyond certain thresholds, the danger involved with toxic mold will exist for all inhabitants of the home or business. The very first step in eradicating this pressing issue is to remediate the source of moisture. This can be as simple as calling a plumber in Vegas to check for evident leaks, or even by utilizing the climate control capabilities of the building. HVAC systems remove moisture from the air, so one of the necessary components of the growth is eliminated. However, sometimes correcting moisture issues can involve a system of corrections to a building itself like improving venting or adding additional HVAC appliances that are expressly designed to remove excess moisture.
These issues are all expensive for treatment in the Summerlin Nevada and Sun City Nevada areas, so it becomes necessary to make an accurate assessment of the issue to determine the pertinent types of growths and the best method for eradicating such fungus, smelly odor and other microbial growths. The particular profession in the Sun City Nevada and Summerlin Nevada area that I necessary to employ to perform this type of treatment is an environmental hygienist. Sometimes the work of the environmental hygienist may only involve tracking down a source of odor and smell, but they are qualified and highly trained to asses any mold and microbial situation and apply the appropriate measures to eradicate this problem permanently. Visit http://www.SERVPROsummerlinnorthsuncity.com for more information on mold remediation.
How To Keep Your Rental Properties Free From Mold
When you own a rental property in Las Vegas, NV there are many things you may want to do before renting out an apartment or commercial space to a new tenant. Minor repairs and a new coat of paint may be the most visible improvements, but it’s also important to do regular checks to ensure that the space doesn’t need mold cleanup.
Mold comes in many varieties, and mold spores can grow wherever moisture is present, especially if an area isn’t well ventilated. It’s very important for landlords to check periodically for mold contamination and address any growth before it spreads. There are four main reasons that a rental property may need mold cleanup.
1. Storms and flooding can cause significant water damage. A thorough and immediate cleaning of any affected areas is crucial and may best be handled by a professional restoration specialist.
2. A leaky roof, damaged plumbing, or a broken appliance can bring unwanted water into a building, often in areas that cannot be seen. Landlords should make repairs as soon as they happen, then immediately dry and clean the affected areas, keeping them well ventilated to avoid mold contamination.
3. Clogged gutters and drain pipes may cause water to be misdirected into the building’s interior. Frequent gutter cleaning and tree trimming can help to prevent this problem.
4. Careless tenants may not be as exacting as you are about taking care of the space. Leaving wet towels on the floor or being inattentive to spills can create a breeding ground for mold growth. While this is not the landlord’s fault, owners can help deter such issues by checking the property periodically and informing new tenants of ways they can avoid the growth of mold spores.
Storms, water damage, clogs, and careless tenants cannot always be avoided. However, by making regular building checks and taking immediate action when mold cleanup is needed, landlords in Las Vegas, NV can effectively prevent and address mold before it spreads. Visit http://www.SERVPROsummerlinnorthsuncity.com for more information on mold.
How To Grill Safely This Summer
Nothing says summer like hamburgers and hot dogs grilled on a BBQ fire in Las Vegas, NV. Make sure your grill fire stays on the grill this season with the following safety tips.
Universal Grill Safety
• Inform family and guests when the grill is on, so they keep a safe distance from the fire. Do not allow pets or young children near a hot grill.
• Never cook food on a grill when you are not home. If you are not outside, check on the grill frequently.
• Only use your grill outdoors away from the house, trees and other items that may catch fire. A grill fire requires adequate ventilation and space.
• Maintain your grill regularly by cleaning the grease buildup.
Charcoal Grill Safety
• Only use charcoal starter fluid at the onset of starting the fire, never squirt it on flames. Store it away from other heat sources, children and pets.
• Alternative ways to start a charcoal fire include a chimney stack or electric starter. Keep in mind that all methods produce a high level of heat, so take the necessary precautions to avoid burns.
• Always wait until the coals are cool to dispose of them. Do not throw them away in a flammable container or one that may melt.
Propane Grill Safety
• Always check and tighten the gas connections before starting the grill. One way to check for gas leaks is to spray the connections with a soap and water solution and watch for bubbles. Tighten the connections until no bubbles appear when sprayed.
• If you smell gas, or cannot get a leak to stop, turn off the gas tank and the grill. If that does not work, walk away from the grill until you reach a safe distance and call the fire department.
A cookout with your family and friends in Las Vegas, NV is an ideal way to spend a summer day. The excitement of a grill fire ends, however, when the BBQ fire leaves the grill. If a fire spreads, you are left with BBQ smoke damage as well. If this occurs, a fire restoration company helps you promptly and professionally repair the fire damage to your home and belongings. Visit http://www.SERVPROsummerlinnorthsuncity.comfor more information on fire damage.
Tips on Dealing With Canceled Flights
A canceled flight ranks as one of the most frustrating experiences travelers can go through. It happens to thousands of fliers each year and never gets any easier. The best way to be prepared is by having a plan in place.
If storms cause you problems at home in Las Vegas, NV you can contact specialists to help with the cleanup and address the mess. Traveling is a different beast altogether. What do you do if the weather affects your travel plans?
No matter where you are, the best storm tips will always come down to planning:
• If possible, don’t fly at all in bad weather.
• Check weather reports at your current location and where you are landing.
• Consider flying direct instead of making more than one stop to lessen the chance of running into a storm cancellation or delay.
• Try travelling with only a carry-on to avoid the hassle of checked bags if you end up rebooking your flight.
• Always arrive at the airport on time even if there has been a delay.
Contacting the Airline
The moment you hear the announcement that your flight has been canceled, you should immediately call the airline. You might be tempted to stay in line, but contacting the airline directly will take some of the wait and inconvenience out of catching another flight.
Ask your airline if it has a canceled flight policy for placing you on an available seat on the next scheduled flight – even if on a different airline. Be sure to also find out about a possible reimbursement from your airline and other types of assistance it can offer.
Finding a Hotel
If you are unable to be rebooked on another flight immediately, it’s important to seek out a place to stay for the night. When you call your airline, see if it can assist with booking a hotel. There are also apps available that can help you find a nearby room.
A canceled flight is often an inevitable consequence of traveling. Planning ahead and being prepared for possible delays is the best way to avoid a terrible day and get yourself safely in the air once the weather allows for it.
Visit http://www.SERVPROsummerlinnorthsuncity.com for more information on storm damage.
Pipes That Won’t Pipe Down
Face it, homes make lots of strange noises. Standing out from the rest, pipe noises will sure enough get and keep your attention. Noisy pipes can be a stressor for homeowners in Las Vegas, NV. As soon as the noises begin, your home may be susceptible to water and appliance damage. Finding the root of the problem is key in avoiding even bigger plumbing issues like a pipe break.
What Causes Pipes To Make Noises
Noises coming from your pipes may not seem like a big deal, but they can be. Those whistling, chattering, or banging sounds you hear should not be ignored. Appliances such as dishwashers, refrigerators, and washing machines may get damaged if the pipe issue persists. If you listen closely, you may be able to diagnose the problem. If not, a plumber can help you figure out the culprit. Noisy pipes may be a result of the following:
• Loose washer screws
• Obstructed water flow path
• Misshaped washers
• Water waves crashing into pipe walls
How To Silence the Noise
Once the issue is recognized, it often needs to be fixed immediately to prevent a pipe break and flooding. You can either do it yourself or hire a professional. The solution could be as inexpensive as a screw replacement to stop whistling or as costly as a water pressure regulator to end hammering.
What To Do if a Pipe Bursts
In the unwanted event of a pipe burst, you should fix the broken pipe and contact your local water damage remediation experts as soon as possible. They have specialized techniques and tools needed to get the water removed quickly and check for any signs of mold.
If left unresolved, a pipe break can wreak havoc on a home. Flooding can create electrical risks and damage, structural damage, and rotting floors. If you ever hear any pipe noises, get the issue checked and serviced before it’s too late.
Visit http://www.SERVPROsummerlinnorthsuncity.com for more information on water damage.
The 9 Steps Of Mold Remediation Services
At SERVPRO, everything begins with assessing the mold.
At SERVPRO, we know just how importance it is to protect homes and other property from the dangers that mold can cause to people living in those spaces. If your home is at risk of Las Vegas mold damage, we offer a complete remediation service, broken down into nine steps:
Step 1 - Mold Assessment
At SERVPRO, everything begins with assessing the mold. We will go to your home or property and do a full inspection of the infestation.
Step 2 - Securing Samples
It's not always necessary in every case, but sometimes our Las Vegas mold damage experts will realize that medical problems may be affected by mold, so a few core samples are taken for further off-site analysis.
Step 3 - Water Damage Clean-Up
If your home or business is providing a wet home for mold colonies to grow, we will send in our clean-up team to quickly take care of the problem.
Step 4 - Disposal of Contaminated Items
Unfortunately, some water damage events and mold infestations are too severe, and precious personal items and clothes get damaged beyond repair. At SERVPRO, we will safely dispose of mold-infested pillows, mattresses and other soiled porous items.
Step 5 - Drying
Once water leaks are repaired, it's important for our SERVPRO mold remediation crew to enter the space and carefully dry it, being extra cautious to avoid disturbing any mold spores.
Step 6 - Cleaning
Thankfully, many personal items and articles of clothing can be salvaged once they've been thoroughly dried out. To prevent future re-infestation, it is important to let our professional Las Vegas mold remediation team clean all items with a high-powered vacuum system.
Step 7 - Cleaning HVAC Systems
Sometimes mold and fungal spores enter through the air ducts and then rapidly circulate throughout the house or property. SERVPRO's elite team of mold remediation specialist will quickly and thoroughly clean and remove the spores from ventilation systems.
Step 8 - Restoration and Repair
SERVPRO is ready to help homeowners and property managers do almost anything necessary to restore their home or space to its original living conditions.
Step 9 - Debrief/Consultation
After the clean-up job is completely finished, our SERVPRO professionals will go over every step of the procedure with you, and offer tips about how to avoid mold infestations in the future.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Summerlin North/Sun City is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property.
If a catastrophic storm or event occurs, we can call upon the resources of a national network of over 1,650 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
3 Ways To Care for Water Damaged Content
Give SERVPRO a call if you experience commercial water damage.
It is important to care for water-damaged content as soon as possible. Some delicate items can be immediately destroyed by water while others can be recovered with the right care methods. If you are dealing with the contents of a flooded company or another commercial building tenant, here are three ways that restoration experts handle contents which have sustained water damage.
1. Properly clean each item. The first step to caring for water damaged content is to clean damaged items. Depending on how damaged or delicate each item is, it may call for a particular cleaning method. This is where the expertise of restoration professionals comes in handy. Experts provide a variety of cleaning methods ranging from dry cleaning to spraying and wiping, foam, abrasion, and immersion.
2. Air dry the content. All contents should be dried in a well-ventilated area. You may dry contents indoors or outdoors. Keep in mind that direct sunlight can degrade items that have already sustained water damage. If you are dealing with a flooded company, you may want to depend on a restoration company that provides pack-out and move-in services. This process can also allow experts to work on restoring delicate documents, furniture, or other items in a specialized facility.
3. Lower humidity levels. In addition to ventilating the items with industrial air movers and fans, commercial property owners should also use dehumidifiers to decrease the amount of moisture in the air in the drying area. Dehumidifiers can also pull water out of semi-porous and porous contents.
A certified commercial restoration company will follow these three steps to restore the contents of a flooded company. Whether you are dealing with items damaged by a broken pipe, leaky roof, or sewer backup, professionals may be able to restore some of these contents. Contact content restoration experts in Las Vegas, NV as soon as water damage occurs. Visit http://www.SERVPROsummerlinnorthsuncity.com for more information on commercial water damage.
What Is the Difference Between Storm Damage and Flooding?
Give SERVPRO a call if you experience flooding in your home or business.
Storms in Las Vegas, NV can cause a host of problems. Storm damage includes structural damage and other harm caused by wind, fallen tree limbs, and other factors. Flood damage is caused by dry land or a dry building being unexpectedly flooded with water or mud. A storm can bring about both kinds of damage, but for insurance purposes and when seeking out a repair service, it is important to distinguish between the two. The impact of both storms and floods are tied closely to the health of the following systems in a commercial building:
? Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems
? Roof, windows, and walls
? Landscaping, especially trees
Defining Storm Damage
Roofing, walls, and windows are all parts of the building envelope that can be breached during storms if they are not carefully maintained. Interiors can also be affected during the course of a storm. Regular maintenance can help minimize the damage done. For example, having trees neatly trimmed reduces the chance of old, dead limbs falling onto or into a structure. A roof leak that is merely a nuisance under normal conditions can be disastrous during a storm, and it may be the only sign of a roof that is in poor condition. Staying on top of seemingly small problems can prevent larger and more devastating issues down the road.
What About Flood Damage?
Floods can be caused by storms, rainfall failing to drain properly, and overflowing waterways. The source of the water is typically natural, although it can also result from issues with water piping. Flooding can fill an HVAC system with water and ruin flooring, electrical wiring, and walls. It may be necessary to seek out restoration services in Las Vegas, NV to maintain building function.
Maintenance of a commercial property includes preparing for the worst. Flood damage and damage from storms are two dangers to look out for, and they can be even more troublesome in buildings that are not sufficiently prepared. Visit http://www.SERVPROsummerlinnorthsuncity.com for more information on storm damage.
Water Loss and Cleanup in Summerlin and Sun City, Nevada
Whether it stems from burst pipes or floods, water damage to your Nevada home means an unsafe environment for you and the potential loss of beloved items. Flood damage adds the danger of debris such as feces, and rodents and snakes in your home. Flood waters pick up everything in their path that floats, creating danger and tougher clean up as residents of Summerlin Nevada have experienced. The technicians at SERVPRO train in mitigation techniques that remove the water in your home or water in business, clean and restore salvageable items, and abate the damage to your home or business so it is safe again. You play an important part in handling a water loss though and your part starts before a drop of water falls in the Vegas area.
Four simple tasks can make it easier for you to deal with a water loss in Nevada.
- Discuss your home insurance coverage with your insurance agent. Find out what types of water damage your policy covers. If you need additional insurance for flood coverage, obtain it. You can add to a policy that does not already cover clean up and mitigation services so it does.
- Create a list of your home's contents and include the value of each item. Take a photo of each major item, such as the home entertainment system or refrigerator.
- When water damage or flood damage does occur, phone your insurance agent immediately.
- If you are home, immediately secure the area, then leave. Safety first. Carefully avoid electrical hazards and wet areas that could cause you to slip and fall.
Visit http://www.SERVPROsummerlinnorthsuncity.com for more information.
SERVPRO can help restore your
Whether you're dealing with water in home or water in business, SERVPRO recognizes that you need to get back to normal as quickly as possible. We have years of experience dealing with damage caused by water in Las Vegas, Summerlin and Sun City Nevada.
- Quick response leads to improved salvage. SERVPRO responds quickly and immediately begins mitigation work. This limits further damage and reduces your costs.
- Using the latest technologies and advanced techniques, water removal begins the clean up process.
- Technicians examine the structure for mold, mildew, rot damage, and the contents for potential salvage and restoration. They fully document the process.
- Technicians begin drying the structure and its items. They may use fans in the interior to encourage air movement. SERVPRO may remove other items from the structure to dry outdoors to encourage air movement.
- To ensure the drying process is complete, technicians use equipment that detects hidden moisture. It's important to ensure the dehumidification of the structure and each item, too.
- The remediation team finishes the drying process by deodorizing and sanitizing the structure and its contents to ensure your safety.
- Restoration begins on all salvageable items. SERVPRO takes a restore over replace attitude, knowing that you can't replace some keepsakes.
Summerlin, Sun City or Las Vegas home or business, whether damage occurred from floods, storm damage, a leaky appliance, plumbing, a faulty water heater, a sewer back up, or even water spray from firefighting efforts. You may live in the Vegas area, but that is no reason to gamble with your home or business. Whether you live in Sun City Nevada or Summerlin Nevada, we want to help you recover from your water loss.
Visit http://www.SERVPROsummerlinnorthsuncity.com for more information.